Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
The equity in your home can give you access to one of the least costly and most flexible loans available. You may need to borrow money for home improvements, college tuition, an automobile, bill consolidation, a vacation, medical bills, or even to start a home-based business. A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) uses the equity in your home for collateral. HELOC is an open credit line you can draw on as needed, up to a preset limit for up to 10 years.
- Introductory rate as low as 3.99%/Current rate 5.50% APR*
- Borrow up to 90% of your loan-to-value
- No points
- Great rates
- HELOC Checks are free!
- Minimum line amount is $15,000; while the maximum amount is $300,000 for those who qualify
- After 10 years, HELOC converts to a 15-year fully amortized loan
- Use up to 15 years to repay
- Make monthly payments of interest only or interest plus principal
- Checks are free! Access your HELOC through checks (ordered at loan origination), CU OnLine and telephone transfers
The interest rate on a HELOC is generally much lower than using a credit card or personal loan, because your home is securing the line.
* 3.99% introductory APR available for six months after the loan is funded. At the beginning of the seventh month, your regular/current rate of 5.50% APR will go into effect. Minimum monthly payment may change as a result of rate changes.Draw period is for the first 10 years with a subsequent 15 year repayment of full interest and principal. A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) offers a variable rate based on the Prime Rate as published in the Wall Street Journal’s Money Rates column. This rate is calculated based on a margin plus the index rate. The rate may change on the first day of each calendar quarter up to 2 percentage points with a maximum of 8 percentage points over the starting rate. Rate never exceeds 18%. Credit is subject to approval. Programs , rates, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.